FRITZ!OS is the software of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater. Use the online update function to easily download the current FRITZ!OS version into your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- **New Features in FRITZ!OS:**
- **NEW** Support for encryption according to the WPA3 standard (SAE)
- **NEW** Support for "WPA3/WPA2 Transition Mode" for configuring the user interface
- **NEW** Automatic setup for "LAN Bridge" operating mode for FRITZ!Repeater in factory settings **Improvements in FRITZ!OS 7.21**
- **Improved** Better stability
- **Improved** When the repeater is integrated into the Mesh by first pressing the button on the FRITZ!Box and then the button on the repeater, successful integration is signaled by the LED on the repeater flashing briefly
- **Fixed** For a repeater connected with the FRITZ!Box via LAN, an invalid IP address was assigned temporarily after some restarts
- **Fixed** In rare situations there was a sustained loss of the 5-GHz connection to the FRITZ!Box
- **Fixed** During Wi-Fi integration with a Telekom router Speedport Smart 3 with WPS, sometimes the FRITZ!Repeater was temporarily only connected via 2.4 GHz **Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS**
- **Improved** Automatic completion of connection for FRITZ!Repeater with dual-band (2.4 and 5 GHz) when only one band is connected
- **Improved** Simplified login with the FRITZ!Repeater user interface (drop-down menu and pre-assigned user name)
- **Improved** messages added for WPA3
- **Improved** Better compatibility with Sonos multi-room systems
- **Improved** Support for configuration at the touch of a button (WPS) with access points that only use 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- **Improved** Improved messages on Wi-Fi ("System / Event Log")- **Improved** FRITZ!Box support page now includes option to send support data directly to AVM
- **Changed** FRITZ!Repeater enabled for Mesh without a locally set password request user name and FRITZ!Box password when the user interface is accessed
- **Changed** FRITZ!Repeater not enabled for Mesh without a locally set password prompt assignment of a password for access to the user interface
- **Changed** Option for saving and restoring settings removed
- **Changed** Outdated WPA/TKIP encryption removed **New features and improvements when using a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 7.20**
- **NEW** Performance Mesh Steering improves Wi-Fi connections for terminal devices that are used from on the go
- **NEW** Mesh auto-channel: Accounts for the wireless environment of the Mesh Repeater in selecting the best Wi-Fi channel for the entire Mesh
- **Improved** Better detection of terminal devices that cannot be rerouted via Mesh steering
- **Improved** Mesh steering evaluates and accounts for the connection type and speed of various paths to decide on steering
- **Improved** Notification in FRITZ!Box log when a network loop is created (for instance, simultaneous LAN and wireless connection to the same device)
- **Improved** Automatic upgrade of Mesh uplink encryption
Do you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod or Android smartphone?
With free apps for your mobile device you can access even more of the FRITZ!Box's useful features.
Our FRITZ!Apps include the appropriate app for your mobile device.