Loading the FRITZ!Powerline factory settings
Load the factory settings to delete all of the individual settings you have made in your FRITZ!Powerline adapter. This makes sense if you are going to use the FRITZ!Powerline adapter at a different location or are planning to pass it on to another user, for example. In addition, this deletes incorrect settings that prevent it from working correctly.
You can either use a button or the FRITZ!Powerline software to load the factory settings.
1 Pushing a button to load the factory settings
- Push the corresponding button on the device:
Model Button Duration FRITZ!Powerline 500E / 520E "Reset" 2 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 510E / 530E "Security" 12 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 540E / 546E "WLAN/WPS" and "Powerline · Security" 10 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1000E / 1220E "Powerline · Security" 10-15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1240E "WLAN-WPS/Powerline · Security" 15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1260E "Connect" 15 seconds
- All of the LEDs flash once during this process. The "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
2 Using FRITZ!Powerline software to load the factory settings
- Install the FRITZ!Powerline software.
Loading the factory settings
- Start the FRITZ!Powerline software.
- Double-click the symbol of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter whose factory settings you want to load.
- Click the "Reset" button and then "OK" in the "Device Profile" window.