FRITZ!Powerline 530E Service - FRITZ!Powerline 530E Service
FRITZ!Powerline software does not display any powerline adapters
The FRITZ!Powerline software does not display any powerline adapters. FRITZ!Powerline displays the message "No powerline adapter is connected to this computer".
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Connecting the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the computer
- Use a network cable to connect the computer on which the FRITZ!Powerline software is installed to the LAN port on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
2 Installing the latest version of FRITZ!Powerline
- Call up our download area in a web browser.
- Select the product group "FRITZ!Powerline" and then your product.
- Download the FRITZ!Powerline software for your computer's operating system.
- Install FRITZ!Powerline on a computer with a LAN port.
3 Configuring the computer's firewall
Note:A firewall is security software that protects computers from attacks from the internet and controls incoming and outgoing data traffic. Next to virus scanners, a firewall is the most important piece of software designed to protect your computer.
You can find information on configuring the firewall in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
- Configure the firewall on the computer according to the manufacturer's instructions so that it allows connections from the FRITZ!Powerline software to the powerline adapters.