Changing the password for the FRITZ!Powerline network
The connection between the FRITZ!Powerline adapters within a powerline network is encrypted with a password (AES 128-bit) and thus protected from unauthorized access.
FRITZ!Powerline adapters have a preset network password in the factory settings. You can use the FRITZ!Powerline software to assign your own network password, but all of the powerline adapters within a powerline network must use the same network password.
1 Downloading and installing the FRITZ!Powerline software
- Call up our download area in a web browser.
- Select the product group "FRITZ!Powerline" and then your product.
- Download the FRITZ!Powerline software for the operating system of your computer.
- Install FRITZ!Powerline on a computer that is connected to a FRITZ!Powerline adapter via the FRITZ!Box or directly by means of a network cable.
2 Changing the network password
- Plug each of the FRITZ!Powerline adapters into a power outlet.
- If the FRITZ!Powerline adapters still use different network passwords, connect the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with each other at the push of a button.
- If the powerline network is not connected with the FRITZ!Box yet, use a network cable to connect a FRITZ!Powerline adapter directly to the computer on which the FRITZ!Powerline software is installed.
- Start the FRITZ!Powerline software.
- Double-click the icon of a FRITZ!Powerline adapter that is not connected to the computer or the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter the desired network password in the "New network password" field and click "OK".
Note:Only use letters (but not special characters such as ä, ë, ö, ü, á, é, í) and numbers.
The network password can be up to 1024 characters long.
- Click "OK" when you are asked "Are you sure you want to change the network password?".
- After making the changes, click "OK".
- Repeat steps 5 - 8 for all other FRITZ!Powerline adapters and assign the same network password to each of them.
- Finally, double-click the icon of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter that is connected to the computer or the FRITZ!Box and also assign it the same network password.