Exporting smartphone contacts to a FRITZ!Box telephone book
With FRITZ!App Fon you can export contacts from the People app on your smartphone to a FRITZ!Box telephone book.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The People app may contain a maximum of 300 entries.
Setting up FRITZ!App Fon
- Set up FRITZ!App Fon.
Allowing access to contacts in iOS
In order for FRITZ!App Fon to access the local contacts on your iOS device in iOS, you must enable access to your contacts for FRITZ!App Fon:
- Open the iOS settings.
- Tap "Privacy" and then "Contacts".
- Allow FRITZ!App Fon access to the contacts.
Selecting which contacts to export from Android
The People app on Android devices allows you to customize the views, for example "Contacts to display", and lists. There you can define which contact groups are displayed. How the People app is configured determines whether all contacts or only certain ones are exported. Information on how to set up the People app can be obtained from the device's manufacturer, for example refer to the manual.
2 Exporting contacts with FRITZ!App Fon
- Start FRITZ!App Fon.
- Tap "More" and then "Export contacts". This automatically generates an email with an XML file attachment containing the contacts.
- Save the attached file to your computer when you receive the email.
3 Importing contacts into the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Book" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the tab of the telephone book you want to transmit the contacts to. If you do not want to overwrite a telephone book, create a new telephone book first.
- Click the "Restore" button. When you restore, all of the existing telephone book entries are overwritten.
- Select the file (*.XML) that contains the contacts.
- Click the "Restore Telephone Book" button.