FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
FRITZ!WLAN Stick cannot establish a connection to the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!WLAN Stick cannot establish a wireless connection (WiFi) to the FRITZ!Box. The following error message may be displayed in the FRITZ!WLAN control software:
- "Failed to establish connection":
* Check the network key entry
* whether the WLAN device is switched on, ready to receive, and within range
* whether the name of the WLAN device (SSID) is correct. (0x6406)"
To resolve the problem, simply proceed as described below.
1 Briefly disabling the MAC address filter
The FRITZ!Box's MAC address filter must be disabled when registering devices with the FRITZ!Box:
Note:You can re-enable the MAC address filter once you have successfully set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.
2 Enabling Stick & Surf
You must enable Stick & Surf in the FRITZ!Box in order to automatically set up the wireless connection:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" or "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Enable AVM Stick & Surf".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Setting up the wireless connection automatically
If your FRITZ!Box has a USB port, you can use Stick & Surf to automatically set up the wireless connection:
- Insert the FRITZ!WLAN Stick into a USB port on the FRITZ!Box. Now the FRITZ!Box transmits the wireless security settings to the FRITZ!WLAN Stick using Stick & Surf. The "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box flashes while they are being transmitted.
- The process is complete as soon as the "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box remains lit.
- Insert the FRITZ!WLAN Stick into a USB port on your computer. Now the FRITZ!WLAN Stick establishes the wireless connection.
4 Setting up the wireless connection manually
If your FRITZ!Box does not have a USB port, set up the wireless connection manually:
- Right-click the FRITZ!WLAN symbol in the notification area of the Windows taskbar (Systray).
- Select "Known Wireless LAN Remote Sites..." from the context menu.
- Right-click the connection with the wireless network name (SSID) of the FRITZ!Box.
- Click "Remove".
- Click the "Find" button.
- In the window "Find and Select WLAN Device", double-click the entry that displays the name of the FRITZ!Box's wireless network in the column "Name (SSID)".
- From the drop-down list "Security", select the wireless encryption used by the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "key" field.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.