Error message "Device driver was not successfully installed"
Installation of the FRITZ!WLAN Stick on a computer with Windows 8 64-bit fails. When you attempt to install it, the error message "Device driver was not successfully installed" is displayed.
- Some FRITZ!WLAN Sticks were supplied with a driver that did not have WHQL certification.
1 Installing the latest driver for the FRITZ!WLAN Stick
This error does not occur with the latest driver:
- Call up our download area in a web browser.
- Select the product group "FRITZ!WLAN" and then your product.
- Download the latest driver for your FRITZ!WLAN Stick.
- Unzip the ZIP file to your computer, for example to the Desktop.
- Double-click the file "setup.exe" and follow the instructions.
AVM Section Navigation