FRITZ!WLAN Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
Wireless router's wireless network cannot be found
Your FRITZ!WLAN Stick cannot find the wireless network (WiFi) of your wireless router (for example FRITZ!Box). When it searches for wireless networks, it does not display the name of the wireless router's wireless network (SSID).
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Enabling the wireless network
The following step is only necessary if you are using a FRITZ!Box as your wireless router, and its "WLAN" LED is not lit:
- Briefly push the "WLAN" button on the FRITZ!Box to enable the wireless network. If you enabled keylock in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the wireless network.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Changing the router's wireless settings
Note:For the following instructions, we used a FRITZ!Box as an example. If you are using a different wireless router, information on how to set it up can be obtained from the manufacturer, for example refer to the manual.
Displaying the name of the wireless network (SSID)
If the name of the router's wireless network is not visible, it is not displayed when you search for wireless networks:
Note:Hiding the wireless network name can pose a security risk (see article in PC World: 5 Wi-Fi security myths you must abandon now).
3 Installing the latest driver for the FRITZ!WLAN Stick
- Call up our download area in a web browser.
- Select the product group "FRITZ!WLAN" and then your product.
- Download the latest driver for your FRITZ!WLAN Stick.
- Unzip the ZIP file to your computer, for example to the Desktop.
- Double-click the file "setup.exe" and follow the instructions.
4 Finding the ideal location for the wireless router
- If possible, place the wireless router in a central location.
- Do not place the wireless router directly in the corner of a room.
- Place the wireless router so that it is as unobstructed as possible, i.e. not directly in back of or under an obstacle such as pieces of furniture or a heater.
- Place the wireless router as high in the room as possible, for example on a shelf.
- Place the wireless router so that there are as few obstacles as possible between it and other wireless devices. Especially metallic objects or objects containing water, for example radiators, refrigerators, or even houseplants, significantly reduce the quality of the wireless signal.
- Place the wireless router away from other transmitters, for example microwaves, wireless speakers, or Bluetooth devices.
5 Removing USB 3.0 devices
- For testing purposes, remove all USB 3.0 devices from the USB ports on the wireless router and the computer to which the FRITZ!WLAN Stick is connected.
- If the problem no longer occurs, a USB device was affecting the wireless connection and you must reduce the interference caused by the USB device.
6 Testing a different wireless device
- Test whether a different wireless device can find the wireless router's wireless network.
- If the other wireless device can find the wireless router's wireless network, the FRITZ!WLAN Stick may be defective.