FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Box USB remote connection reports "An error occurred while installing system components [...]"
Installation of the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software on a computer with Windows 7 (64-bit) is aborted. The following error message is displayed:
- "An error occurred while installing system components for fritzbox-usb-fernanschluss. Setup cannot continue until all system components have been successfully installed. Component .NET Framework 3.0 (x86) has failed to install with the following error message: This version of the .NET Framework 3.0 is not supported on a 64-bit operating system. Contact your application vendor."
- A 32-bit web browser (for example Firefox, Chrome, Safari) was used to download the FRITZ!Box remote connection software on a computer running the 64-bit version of Windows 7, or the web browser did not correctly notify the download server that a 64-bit version of Windows is being used.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest firmware for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
1 Downloading and installing the correct version of the software
Use the Internet Explorer (64-bit) to install the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software:
- Log on to the computer as the Windows user who would like to use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection.
Important:If the user does not have administrative rights, you must enter a valid administrator password when installing or starting the software for the first time.
- Click "Start" and then "All programs".
- Start the "Internet Explorer (64 bit)".
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater and click "audio".
- Click "Audio Output" in the "Audio" menu.
- Click "program for the audio bridge".
- Click "Download" in the "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater Audio Bridge" window.
- Download the file "fritzbox-usb-fernanschluss.application".
- Double-click on the file and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Repeat steps 1 - 9 for all other Windows users who would like to use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection on this computer.