FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID) of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeaters
The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater has a pre-configured wireless network name (SSID) in the factory settings. You can easily change this wireless network name.
We recommend using identical wireless network names for your home network. This makes it easier for wireless devices to switch between wireless networks (wireless roaming). If you are using the repeater as a "wireless bridge", you should change the wireless network name of the wireless router (for example a FRITZ!Box) first because you must reconfigure all of the wireless connections to the wireless router after changing the wireless network name.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest firmware for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
1 Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID)
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Radio Settings" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Disable the option "Take on the same radio network name as the WLAN base station (FRITZ!Box)".
- Enter a unique name for the "Name of the wireless radio network (SSID)" that does not contain special characters.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.