FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!WLAN Repeater automatically resets itself to factory settings
The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater resets itself to factory settings. When this occurs, all wireless connections to and from the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater are cleared.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your repeater.
2 Taking lighting conditions into account
The display of the repeater is sensitive to light. If it is directly exposed to a light source, the factory settings may be unintentionally restored. Therefore, either position the repeater somewhere more suitable or disable the LED display:
Finding the ideal location for the repeater
- Position the repeater in a bright environment if you would like to operate it using its LED display.
Important:Avoid directly exposing your repeater's LED display to a light source (for example halogen spots or reflective material).
Deactivating operation using display
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Display" in the "System" menu.
- Enable the option "Display individual text" or "Turn off display".
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.