Manually connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via Wi-Fi
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box to increase the Wi-Fi range of your home network easily and efficiently. The FRITZ!Repeater adopts the Wi-Fi access information from the FRITZ!Box and can be used directly by all of the wireless devices in the home network.
In this guide we show you how to use the configuration wizard to manually connect your FRITZ!Repeater with your FRITZ!Box.
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
1 Disabling the FRITZ!Box's MAC address filter
When the MAC address filter is enabled, the FRITZ!Repeater cannot connect to the FRITZ!Box. Therefore, make sure that the MAC address filter is disabled:
2 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Unplug the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Plug it in again after 5 seconds. The "FRITZ" symbol appears on the LED display after about 10 seconds:
Fig.: "FRITZ" symbol
- Tap the left touch point 2 or 3 times until the "load factory settings" symbol appears:
Fig.: "Loading factory settings" symbol
- Tap the middle of the LED display. The pulsating check "confirm entry" symbol now appears on the LED display:
Fig.: "Confirm entry" symbol
- Tap the middle of the LED display again. Now the FRITZ!Repeater restarts and loads the factory settings.
- The "run WPS for the first time" symbol is displayed on the LED display as soon as the factory settings have finished loading:
Fig.: "Run WPS for the first time" symbol
3 Connecting a wireless device with the FRITZ!Repeater
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Repeater into a power outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
- Use a wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone) to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
- Select the Wi-Fi network "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G".
- Enter 00000000 (8 zeros) for the network key (password).
4 Setting up the FRITZ!Repeater as a wireless bridge
- Click "Wizards" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click "Register Repeater".
- Click "Next" on the Welcome page.
- From the list, select the Wi-Fi network of your FRITZ!Box that you want to extend and click "Next".
- Select the encryption type, enter the FRITZ!Box's network key, and click "Next".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- The FRITZ!Repeater displays the "Wireless LAN field strength" symbol as soon as the Wi-Fi connection is established.
Fig.: "Wireless LAN field strength" symbol
5 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To extend the range as much as possible, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Position the FRITZ!Repeater so that the "Wireless LAN field strength" symbol displays at least three of the five signal strength bars. You can find tips on positioning it in the guide Finding the ideal location for FRITZ!Repeater.
AVM Section Navigation