FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater for use in the home network
The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater offers you an easy and efficient way to increase the range of your wireless network (WiFi). Then you can use your wireless network devices (for example smartphones, tablets, computers) at an even greater distance from your wireless router (for example FRITZ!Box) and enjoy unrestricted access to your home network and the internet.
The following gives you an overview of the steps required to optimally integrate your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater into your home network.
1 Connecting the repeater to the router
- Connect the repeater to the router.
Fig.: Connection scenario for operating mode wireless bridge
2 Finding the ideal location for the repeater and router
Position your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater so that the wireless router and the wireless devices can both establish optimal connections to the repeater:
- If possible, position the wireless router in a room that is centrally located.
- Do not position the wireless router directly in the corner of a room.
- Position the wireless router so that it is as unobstructed as possible, i.e. not directly in back of or under an obstacle such as pieces of furniture or a heater.
- Position the wireless router as high in the room as possible, for example on a shelf.
- Position the wireless router so that there are as few obstacles as possible between it and the other wireless devices. In particular, metallic objects or objects containing water, for example radiators, a refrigerator, or even houseplants, significantly reduce the quality of the wireless signal.
- Position the wireless router so that it is away from other transmitters, for example microwaves, wireless speakers, or Bluetooth devices.
- Find the ideal location for the repeater.