FRITZ!Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
Setting up FRITZ!Repeater in the FRITZ!Box home network
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box to easily and efficiently increase the wireless range (WiFi) of your home network. The FRITZ!Repeater adopts the wireless access information from the FRITZ!Box and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
In this guide we show you how to easily connect your FRITZ!Repeater with your FRITZ!Box at the push of a button (WPS PBC - Push Button Configuration).
If you want to connect it manually, proceed as described in the guide Manually connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via wireless LAN .
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
Before you can configure the following settings, you must return the FRITZ!Repeater to its factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Setting up the FRITZ!Repeater as a wireless bridge
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Repeater into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
- Push the middle of the "Run WPS for the first time" symbol on the FRITZ!Repeater's LED display until the "WPS" symbol starts to flash.
Fig.: "Run WPS for the first time" symbol
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box for the time indicated in the table until its "WLAN" LED flashes:
Connect button Duration Connect / WPS about 1 second WPS about 1 second WLAN about 6 seconds WLAN WPS about 6 seconds
- The FRITZ!Repeater displays the "Wireless LAN field strength" symbol as soon as the wireless connection is established.
Fig.: "Wireless LAN field strength" symbol
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To optimally increase the range, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Select a location for the FRITZ!Repeater where the "Wireless LAN field strength" symbol displays at least three of the five signal strength bars.