FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
Using FRITZ!WLAN Repeater to transmit audio files from a media server to an audio device
Your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater can serve as a UPnP render to transmit audio files on a media server (UPnP-AV server) in your local network to conventional audio devices. This way you can play audio files made available in the FRITZ!Box home network by the FRITZ!Box Media Server, for example, on your stereo system. A so-called UPnP control point on a computer or smartphone is used to select the audio files you wish to play.
- There is a media server in your home network that is configured and enabled.
Note:You can use the FRITZ!Box Media Server or software such as TwonkyMedia, TVersity etc. on your computer as a media server.
1 Connecting the repeater to the router
- Connect the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater to the wireless router.
2 Connecting an audio device to the repeater
3 Playing audio content on the media server
Here we show you how to use FRITZ!App Media to select audio files from the FRITZ!Box Media Server and transmit them to an audio device by means of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater:
Note:As a rule, you must first use the UPnP control point (for example FRITZ!App Media, Windows Media Player) to select the audio files on the media server and then select the "AVM FRITZ!MediaRenderer" as the output device.
- Connect your smartphone with the FRITZ!Box home network.
- Start FRITZ!App Media on your smartphone.
- Select the desired media server (for example the FRITZ!Box Media Server).
- Select the "AVM FRITZ!MediaRenderer" as the output device.
- Swipe left on the screen and select the music you would like to play.
- Tap the audio file to start playback.