FRITZ!Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
AVM Program Launcher keeps requesting confirmation every time computer starts
When starting a computer with Windows 7, you must confirm that the AVM Program Launcher is allowed to run. Even if you confirm the message with "Yes", it is displayed the next time the computer starts. Then the User Account Control displays the following message:
"Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?"
- The FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software is not properly installed.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest firmware for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
1 Uninstalling the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software
- Click "Start" and then "Control Panel".
- Select "Category" from the drop-down list "View by:" on the top right ().
- Click "Uninstall a program".
- Double-click the entry "FRITZ!Box USB remote connection".
- The window "FRITZ!Box USB remote connection Maintenance" opens.
- Select the option "Remove the application from this computer" in the window "FRITZ!Box USB remote connection Maintenance" and click "OK".
2 Installing the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software
- On the computer connected to the repeater, log on as the Windows user who would like to use the USB remote connection.
Important:If the user does not have administrative rights, you must enter a valid administrator password when installing or starting the software for the first time.
- Click "Audio" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Audio Output" in the "Audio" menu.
- Click "program for the audio bridge".
- Click "Download" in the window "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater Audio Bridge".
- Download the file "fritzbox-usb-fernanschluss.application".
- Double-click the file and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Repeat steps 1 - 7 for all other Windows users who would like to use the USB remote connection on this computer.
You will now be able to configure and use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection.