FRITZ!Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
Dropouts and delays when transmitting audio content
When transmitting audio content via the FRITZ!Repeater to a conventional audio device, you experience dropouts and delays during playback.
The device making the audio content available (for example a computer with a media server) is either connected to the wireless router (for example a FRITZ!Box) or directly to the FRITZ!Repeater. The repeater's audio bridge is being used to transmit the audio content to the audio device.
1 Changing the wireless standard
Note:For the following instructions, we used a FRITZ!Box as an example. If you are using a different wireless router, refer to the router's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Channel" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Adjust radio channel settings".
- Select the wireless standard "802.11b+g" from the drop-down list.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.