FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G Service - Knowledge Base
Range of FM transmitter is low
The range of the miniature FM transmitter integrated in the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater is low. The miniature FM transmitter either does not transmit audio content to an FM radio, or the quality is poor.
1 Finding the ideal location for the repeater
- Set up the repeater no more than 10 m away from the FM radio and so there is a clear line of sight between the two devices.
Note:The FM transmitter in the repeater has a transmitting power of 50nW (effective radiated power, ERP) and thus complies with the standards for the operation of miniature FM transmitters. This transmission power allows for a line-of-sight connection between the repeater and the FM radio with a maximum range of 10 m.
- Do not plug the repeater into an outlet in the corner of a room.
- Position the repeater so that it is as unobstructed as possible, i.e. not directly in back of or under an obstacle (for example pieces of furniture, heater).
- Position the repeater so that there are as few obstacles as possible between it and the FM radio.
2 Manually changing the FM transmission frequency
When it is enabled, the repeater's miniature FM transmitter automatically selects an available transmission frequency. However, in some cases it may be better to manually set the transmission frequency:
- On the FM radio, search for a frequency that is not being used by another radio station.
Note:The higher the frequency, the greater the range of the transmitted signals.
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Audio" and then "Audio output".
- Use the arrow keys to select the frequency that you found.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.