FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with a router (e.g. FRITZ!Box) over LAN
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
1 Configuring the repeater
Loading the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater factory settings
The repeater must be set to factory settings in order to configure the following settings. If this is not the case, load the factory settings first:
- Load the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater factory settings.
Connecting a wireless device to the repeater
- Make note of the repeater's network key (see fig.).
Fig.: Network key
- Plug the repeater into an outlet near the wireless router to configure it and wait until the "WLAN" LED remains lit.
- Use a wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone) to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
- Connect it to the wireless network "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C" using the network key you made note of.
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Set a password to access the user interface, then click "OK" and "Next".
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the repeater should use and click "Next".
- Enter the wireless settings for the repeater and click "Next".
ATTENTION!To ensure optimal security, use a long combination of at least 16 alphanumerical characters for the network key.
Note:If you use the same wireless network name and identical wireless settings for the repeater and the FRITZ!Box, wireless devices can automatically connect to the device (FRITZ!Box or FRITZ!WLAN Repeater) with the strongest signal (wireless roaming). Not all wireless devices support wireless roaming. Should you have questions, consult the manufacturer of the wireless device. All FRITZ!WLAN Sticks support wireless roaming.
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
2 Connecting the repeater to the router
- Use a network cable to connect the repeater to a LAN port on your router.
Note:If you cannot directly connect the devices with a cable, you can also bridge the distance to the repeater with a powerline connection (for example with FRITZ!Powerline).
Now the LAN connection between the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater and router is set up. Wireless devices (for example notebooks, tablets, smartphones) can connect to the repeater's wireless network.