FRITZ!Repeater DVB-C Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box via LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box via LAN to easily and efficiently add an additional wireless access point to your home network. This way you will even have ideal wireless reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network outside the wireless range (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box.
If you connect the FRITZ!Repeater with a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 7 or later, the FRITZ!Repeater is automatically integrated into the Mesh during setup. The repeater adopts all of the wireless settings from the FRITZ!Box, such as wireless access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Repeater.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
Before you can configure the following settings, you must return the FRITZ!Repeater to its factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box
To set up the FRITZ!Repeater as a LAN bridge, first connect it to your FRITZ!Box (Mesh Master) via wireless LAN. When using a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 7 or later, the repeater is then automatically integrated into the Mesh.
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Repeater into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box. If the FRITZ!Repeater is already connected to the home network over LAN, clear this connection.
- Wait until the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit.
- Briefly push the "WPS" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. The "WLAN" LED starts to flash after you release the button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box for the time indicated in the table until the "WLAN" LED flashes:
Connect button Duration Connect / WPS about 1 second WPS about 1 second WLAN about 6 seconds WLAN WPS about 6 seconds
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit as soon as setup is completed.
3 Configuring the FRITZ!Repeater as a LAN bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click the "Change type of connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the FRITZ!Repeater should use and click "Next".
- Keep the wireless settings displayed for the FRITZ!Repeater and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
4 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the home network
- Connect the FRITZ!Repeater to a LAN port in your home network (for example on a FRITZ!Box, FRITZ!Powerline adapter).
5 Configuring the repeater for television reception
If you want to transmit your cable provider's cable TV content to the home network as an IP stream, configure television reception in the FRITZ!Repeater:
- Configure the FRITZ!Repeater for television reception (DVB-C).
Now the FRITZ!Repeater is integrated into the home network and is available as a wireless access point. The FRITZ!Repeater's signal strength LEDs indicate the quality of the wireless connection of the first device to establish a connection to the FRITZ!Repeater's wireless network.