FRITZ!Repeater DVB-C Service - Knowledge Base
User interface of FRITZ!Repeater cannot be opened
Since you configured your FRITZ!Repeater, you cannot open its user interface. The user interface is not displayed when you enter fritz.repeater in the address bar of your web browser (for example Chrome, Firefox).
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Calling up the complete address
Some web browsers start a web search if you enter an unknown or incomplete address., for example Google Chrome using Google. To avoid this, you must enter the complete address http://fritz.repeater.
Fig.: Entering the complete address for the user interface in the address field of the web browser
2 Allowing wireless devices to communicate
If you are using the repeater with a FRITZ!Box, you can only open the user interface if the FRITZ!Box is configured to allow wireless devices to communicate:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" or "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "The active wireless devices displayed below may communicate with each other".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Clearing browsing data (cache)
On computers with Windows or macOS, clear the cache of the web browser:
- On the keyboard, simultaneously press "CTRL + Shift + Del" or "CMD + Alt + E" for Safari.
- In the new window, click "Clear" or press Enter.
4 Opening the user interface with the FRITZ!Box
If you are using the repeater with a FRITZ!Box, you can use the FRITZ!Box's user interface to open the user interface of the repeater:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Mesh Networking" or "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click the link or the name of the repeater.
5 Opening the user interface with the the IP address
If you are using the repeater with a different router, then the router must support DHCP name resolution so you can enter fritz.repeater to open the user interface. If the router does not support DHCP name resolution, use the IP address to open the user interface:
- Determine the repeater's IP address. You can find information on the procedure in the router's manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
- Enter the repeater's IP address (for example http://192.168.178.25) in the address bar of your web browser.