FRITZ!Repeater DVB-C Service - Knowledge Base
Manually connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via wireless LAN
The FRITZ!Repeater can be integrated into the Mesh of the FRITZ!Box quickly and easily by pushing a button. If you do not want to integrate the repeater into the Mesh, you can also use the configuration wizard to set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box manually.
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
1 Disabling the FRITZ!Box's MAC address filter
When the MAC address filter is enabled, the FRITZ!Repeater cannot connect to the FRITZ!Box. Therefore, make sure that the MAC address filter is disabled:
2 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Plug the FRITZ!Repeater in.
- Wait about 1 minute until the FRITZ!Repeater starts and the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs remain lit or the LEDs of the signal strength indicator flash.
- Push and hold down the "WPS" button down for about 15 seconds until all of the LEDs flash at the same time.
Fig.: Loading the FRITZ!Repeater factory settings
- The "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
3 Connecting a wireless device with the FRITZ!Repeater
- Make note of the network key on the back of the FRITZ!Repeater (see fig.).
Fig.: Network key
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Repeater into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
- Wait about 1 minute until the FRITZ!Repeater starts and the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs remain lit.
- Use a wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone) to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
- Select the wireless network "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C".
- Enter the network key (password) you made note of.
4 Setting up the FRITZ!Repeater as a wireless bridge
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Select the desired language and country, and click "Next". The FRITZ!Repeater will then restart. The wireless connection is briefly interrupted.
- Set a password to access the user interface, then click "OK" and "Next".
- Enable the connection type "Wireless Bridge" and click "Next".
- From the list, select the wireless networks of your FRITZ!Box that you want to extend and click "Next".
- Select the encryption type and enter the FRITZ!Box's network key.
- Define how the frequency band for the connection between the FRITZ!Repeater and the FRITZ!Box should be selected and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit as soon as setup is completed.
5 Configuring the repeater for television reception
If you want to transmit your cable provider's cable TV content to the home network as an IP stream, configure television reception in the FRITZ!Repeater:
- Configure the FRITZ!Repeater for television reception (DVB-C).
6 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To optimally increase the range, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Position the FRITZ!Repeater so that at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up.
Note:If you are using a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 7, you can use FRITZ!App WLAN to find the ideal position for the FRITZ!Repeater.