FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Forgot password for accessing user interface of FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater password offers you protection from unauthorized access to your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater. If you forget this password, you can no longer access the repeater's settings or functions, and you cannot login to it.
1 Entering the FRITZ!Box password
As of FRITZ!OS 6.30, the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater takes on the password and, if applicable, the user name of the FRITZ!Box if you did not assign the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater its own password. You can open the repeater's user interface if you enter the corresponding password for the FRITZ!Box:
- Enter the password for the FRITZ!Box.
2 Sending an access link with push service mail
If you entered an e-mail address for the "forgot password" push service under "Push Service" in the "System" menu of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater, you can have the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater send you an access link that you can then use to log into the repeater's user interface again:
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Forgot your password?" below the password request.
Note:If the button "Send Push Service mail" is not visible, then this push service is not enabled.
- Click "Send Push Service Mail".
- Now an e-mail containing a link for setting a new password is sent to the e-mail address you entered for the "forgot password" push service.
- Call up your e-mail with the same device you used to request the access link and follow the instructions in the e-mail.
3 Loading the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater factory settings
If you did not enable the "push service" in your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater or you cannot access the e-mail address you entered, you must load the repeater's factory settings.
Important:When you load the factory settings, all of the settings you made in the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater are deleted.
You can use the "WPS" button to load the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater's factory settings even if you have forgotten your password:
- Plug the repeater in.
- Wait until the "Power" LED remains lit.
- Push the "WPS" button and hold it down for about 15 seconds until all of the LEDs flash at the same time.
Note:Configure the "push service" so you will be able to recover your password, should you forget it again.