FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C Service - Knowledge Base
Configuring the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater for use without connecting it to the home network
Your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater can be used for television reception even if it is not connected to the home network or a wireless router (for example FRITZ!Box). If the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater is connected with the cable connection, all of the network devices (for example notebooks, smartphones, tablets) that are connected to the repeater over wireless LAN (WiFi) or LAN can be used to play cable TV.
Fig.: Using FRITZ!WLAN Repeater to receive and play cable TV
Requirements / Restrictions
- Network devices cannot access the Internet when they are connected with the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Station logos are not displayed in the channel list if the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater is not connected with the Internet.
1 Connecting network devices to the repeater
Connecting a network device to the repeater over wireless LAN
- Make note of the repeater's network key (see fig.).
Fig.: Network key
- Plug the repeater into an outlet near the wireless router to configure it and wait until the "WLAN" LED remains lit.
- Use a wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone) to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
- Connect it to the wireless network "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C" using the network key you made note of.
Connecting a network device to the repeater over LAN
- Use the network cable included with delivery to connect the computer to the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater's LAN port.
2 Configuring the repeater for television reception
- Configure the repeater for television reception (DVB-C).