Configuring the FRITZ!Repeater for television reception over DVB-C
The FRITZ!Repeater has a dual tuner for cable TV (DVB-C), which allows it to transmit ("stream") two different TV channels to different devices in the home network at the same time.
You can either use FRITZ!App TV or a different compatible media player, such as the VLC media player, to watch TV on your devices. Televisions with SAT>IP support can directly access the FRITZ!Repeater's tuner.
Requirements / Restrictions
- A maximum of six devices can be used to watch TV at the same time.
- A maximum of two different TV channels can be played on different devices at the same time.
- A maximum of one TV channel can be played on a device.
- Encrypted TV channels can only be played back using SAT>IP. The television must also have a CI/CI+ slot.
- Set up the FRITZ!Repeater in the FRITZ!Box home network or connect the FRITZ!Repeater with the router from another manufacturer.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater to the cable connection
- If you already connected a different receiver to your cable connection, insert the T-adapter included with delivery into the TV socket on your cable wall outlet.
- Use the coaxial cable included with delivery to connect the DVB-C socket on the FRITZ!Repeater directly to the cable wall outlet or the T-adapter.
3 Starting a channel search
- Click "DVB-C" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click "Channel Search" in the "DVB-C" menu.
- Click the "Start Channel Search" button.
4 Setting up devices for watching TV
Mobile devices (Android or iOS)
You can use FRITZ!App TV on smartphones and tablets with Android or iOS:
- Set up FRITZ!App TV for watching TV.
Computer (Windows, macOS or Linux)
You can use the VLC media player on computers with Windows, macOS, or Linux:
- Set up the VLC media player for watching TV.
Televisions with SAT>IP support
Televisions with SAT>IP support can directly access the FRITZ!Repeater's tuner.
Note:Manufacturers may have different designations for SAT>IP (for example DVB over IP, SAT to IP). Panasonic calls it "TV>IP", for example.
- Set up the television for SAT>IP reception.
AVM Section Navigation