FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C Service - Knowledge Base
Configuring FRITZ!WLAN Repeater for television reception
The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater has a dual tuner for cable TV (DVB-C) that can transmit ("stream") two TV programs to network devices in the home network at the same time. Any tablet, smartphone or computer with a compatible media player (for example FRITZ!App TV, VLC media player) installed on it can be used to select and play programs. If the media player supports it, an electronic program guide, teletext, and the option to select subtitles and sound tracks are available in addition to playing the program.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater is already integrated into the home network.
Note:If you only want to use the repeater for television reception (DVB-C), configure the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater for use without connecting it to the home network.
- A maximum of six network devices can play the TV program or programs at the same time.
- A maximum of two different TV programs can be played on different network devices at the same time.
- Encoded TV programs (for example private HD programs, pay TV) are not transmitted.
1 Configuring the repeater
Connecting the repeater to the cable connection
- If you already connected a receiver to your cable connection, insert the T-adapter included with delivery into the TV socket on your cable junction.
- Use the coaxial cable included with delivery to connect the DVB-C connector on the repeater directly to the cable junction or to the T-adapter.
Starting the channel search
- Click "DVB-C" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Channel Search" in the "DVB-C" menu.
- Click "Start Channel Search".
2 Configuring a network device
To play IP streams, an app or software must be installed on the desired network devices:
Important:The app or software must be able to receive RTP streams (Real-time Transport Protocol).