FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E Service - Knowledge Base
Attempt to set up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box fails
Although the wireless connection between the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater and FRITZ!Box was set up with WPS, the repeater's signal strength LEDs flash continuously and the connection is not established.
Important:If the wireless router you are using is not a FRITZ!Box and it does not support WPS, follow the instructions in this guide.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Disabling keylock for the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the keylock.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Enabling the WPS function of the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Click on the "WPS Quick Connection" tab.
- Enable WPS.
- Select "Push-Button method (WPS-PBC, Push Button Configuration)" and click "Start WPS".
3 Enabling the FRITZ!Box's 2.4 GHz frequency band
To use WPS to register the repeater with a FRITZ!Box that can simultaneously use the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands, you must enable the FRITZ!Box's 2.4 GHz frequency band for registration:
Now the FRITZ!Box is configured so that you can register the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with WPS.