Manually connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via Wi-Fi
The FRITZ!Repeater can be integrated into the mesh of the FRITZ!Box quickly and easily at the touch of a button. If you do not want to integrate the repeater into the Mesh, you can also use the configuration wizard to set up the Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box manually.
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
1 Disabling the FRITZ!Box's MAC address filter
When the MAC address filter is enabled, the FRITZ!Repeater cannot connect to the FRITZ!Box. Therefore, make sure that the MAC address filter is disabled:
2 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Plug the FRITZ!Repeater in.
- Wait about 1 minute until the FRITZ!Repeater starts and the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs remain lit or the LEDs of the signal strength indicator flash.
- Push and hold down the "WPS" button down for about 15 seconds until all of the LEDs flash at the same time.
Fig.: Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
- The "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
3 Connecting a wireless device with the FRITZ!Repeater
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Repeater into a power outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
- Wait about 1 minute until the FRITZ!Repeater has started and the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs remain lit.
- Use a wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone) to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
- Select the Wi-Fi network "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater [...]".
- Enter 00000000 (8 zeros) for the network key (password).
4 Setting up the FRITZ!Repeater as a wireless bridge
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Set a password to access the user interface, then click "OK" and "Next".
- Enable the connection type "Wireless Bridge" and click "Next".
- From the list, select the Wi-Fi network of your FRITZ!Box that you want to extend and click "Next".
- Select the encryption type, enter the FRITZ!Box's network key, and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit as soon as setup is completed.
5 Finding the Ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To extend the range as much as possible, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Position the FRITZ!Repeater so that at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up. You can find tips on positioning it in the guide Finding the ideal location for FRITZ!Repeater.
AVM Section Navigation