FRITZ!Repeater 450E Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
FRITZ!Repeater is not marked with Mesh symbol
Although the FRITZ!Repeater is connected to the FRITZ!Box and displayed in the Mesh overview, the Mesh symbol is missing.
Fig.: FRITZ!Repeater not marked with Mesh symbol in Mesh Master
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Repeater
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click on "Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS version" tab.
- Click the "Find New FRITZ!OS" button.
- Click the "Start Update" button.
2 Disabling the Mesh Master's keylock
You can only integrate devices into the Mesh by pushing a button. Therefore, disable keylock in the Mesh Master:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the "Buttons locked" checkbox.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Integrating the FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh at the touch of a button
Push a button to quickly and easily integrate devices into the Mesh:
Important:You cannot use the "Start WPS" button in the user interface to integrate devices into the Mesh.
- Briefly push the "WPS" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. The "WLAN" LED starts to flash after you release the "WPS" button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the connect button on the Mesh Master until its confirmation LED (see table) lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 6890 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 5490 WLAN WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6490 WLAN WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7560 WLAN WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581 WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6820, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS WLAN
- The process is complete as soon as the Mesh Master marks the FRITZ!Repeater with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview.