FRITZ!Repeater cannot establish a wireless connection to FRITZ!Box
After you set up the FRITZ!Repeater, it cannot establish a wireless connection (WiFi) to FRITZ!Box. The signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater flash for a while and then switch off.
To resolve the problem, simply proceed as described below.
1 Enabling the WPS function
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Click on the "WPS Quick Connection" tab.
- Enable WPS.
- Select "Push-Button method (WPS-PBC, Push Button Configuration)" and click "Start WPS".
2 Disabling the keylock
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the "Buttons locked" checkbox.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Reconfiguring the wireless connection
AVM Section Navigation