Cannot update FRITZ!OS
Updating FRITZ!OS 6.20 or earlier to the latest FRITZ!OS fails. After the update is installed, the previous version is still displayed.
- In some cases, the installed version of FRITZ!OS is not suitable for updating to the latest FRITZ!OS. Depending on the FRITZ!OS version, one or two intermediate updates must be installed first.
Important:The FRITZ!Repeater 310 is available in different versions. If it says "Typ B" on the type label on the underside of the device, you do not need to perform an intermediate update.
1 Downloading the FRITZ!OS file
- Call up https://service.avm.de/downloads/zwischenupdate in a web browser.
- Switch to the folder for your product and then to the subfolder "other".
- Download the FRITZ!OS file with the file extension ".image" to the computer.
2 Installing FRITZ!OS 6.20
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click "Update" or "Firmware Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS File" or "Firmware File" tab.
- Click the "Save Settings" button and save them as an export file on your computer.
- Click the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file that you downloaded (image file).
- Click the "Start Update" button.
3 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
Once the intermediate update is installed, you can install the latest FRITZ!OS:
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Repeater.
AVM Section Navigation