FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310 Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot update FRITZ!OS
Updating FRITZ!OS 6.04 or earlier to FRITZ!OS 6.51 fails. The previous version is still displayed after installing the update.
- A relatively old FRITZ!OS is installed and it is not suitable for updating to the latest FRITZ!OS version. You must perform an intermediate update first.
1 Downloading the FRITZ!OS file
- Call up https://service.avm.de/downloads/zwischenupdate in a web browser.
- Switch to the folder for your product and then to the subfolder "other".
- Download the FRITZ!OS file with the file extension ".image" to the computer.
2 Installing FRITZ!OS 6.20
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Update" or "Firmware Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS File" or "Firmware File" tab.
- Click the "Save Settings" button and save them as an export file on your computer.
- Click the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file that you downloaded (image file).
- Click the "Start Update" button.
3 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
After installing the intermediate update, you can install the latest FRITZ!OS:
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.