FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310 Service - Knowledge Base
Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
The quality of the connection between the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater and your router (for example a FRITZ!Box) is a key factor when extending the wireless range of your home network. Just as important is the quality of the connection between the repeater and the smartphones, tablets, or other wireless devices connected to it. This means that when selecting a location for the repeater, you must find a location where it is capable of establishing a fast and stable connection to the router, and at the same time its own wireless network (WiFi) must be readily accessible for wireless devices. The following can be used as guidelines:
- The signal strength LEDs on the repeater indicate the quality of the wireless connection to the router. Select a location for the repeater where at least three of the five LEDs light up.
- Position the repeater so that it is as unobstructed as possible, i.e. not directly in back of or under an obstacle such as pieces of furniture or a heater.
- Do not position the repeater directly in the corner of a room.
- Position the router so that there are as few obstacles as possible between it, the wireless router, and the other wireless devices. In particular, metallic objects or objects containing water (for example a refrigerator, radiator, houseplants) significantly reduce the quality of the wireless signal.
- Position the repeater so that it is away from other transmitters (for example microwaves, baby monitors, wireless speakers, Bluetooth devices).