You can configure the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310E using a wizard or your browser.
Using the wizard
For the following operating systems we offer a wizard guiding you through the configuration:
- Windows 8.1 or 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP, Service Pack 3
Using the Browser
You have the option to configure the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310E directly in your browser with any operating system, thus also with Mac OS, Linux or Windows 2000.
Proceed as follows to connect to the repeater in just 4 steps:
- Make sure that the wireless LAN base station (access point) and adapter are switched on, and that both devices are located within radio range of the repeater.
- Start the search function in the software of your wireless LAN adapter, and select the network named "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310".
- Enter the WPA/WPA2 key: "00000000" (8 zeros, no quotation marks).
- After you have registered at the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310 for the first time, simply enter "fritz.repeater" in the web browser.
- The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater Wizard opens to guide you through the remaining configuration steps.
To connect the repeater
- the wireless LAN client must at least support the WPA encryption standard.
- the wireless LAN access point and client must be set for automatic IP address assignment (DHCP)
- the SSID (network name) of the wireless LAN network (access point) to be extended must be set to "visible" (announced).