FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
Push service mails are not sent
Although the push service was configured according to our guide, the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater does not send any emails with connection and usage data. The following error message is displayed in the event log of the repeater:
- "Email delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "Email delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an email message failed. Reason: TCP error."
1 Adjusting the email account settings
Many providers use special security mechanisms to protect their email accounts that prevent push service mails from being sent:
Adjusting your Google account settings
Adjusting your Microsoft account settings
Adjusting your Apple account settings
2 Enabling POP3 download in your email account
For the push service, you must use an email account with a POP3 email server:
- Enable POP3 download in your email account settings. Refer to your email provider for information on how to set it up.
3 Correcting email account information in the FRITZ!Box
This error is often caused by incorrect email account information, for example an incorrect password. Therefore, enter this information again:
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Sender" tab.
- Enter your email address and password.
Note:In most cases, the FRITZ!Box adds the following information automatically. With smaller local providers, you have to enter it yourself. Your email provider can give you the required information.
- Enter the name of your email provider's SMTP server.
- If the server cannot be reached over port 25, enter the port used by the server to communicate in the "Port" field, for example 587.
- If the server supports SSL, enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)".
- Enable the option "Send a test email to the given sender to make sure that the account data were entered correctly".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- Now the repeater sends a test email to your email account.
4 Contacting your provider
If the test email was not sent, then your account information is incorrect or there is a problem with your provider:
- Contact your email provider.