You can configure the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E using a wizard or your browser.
Using the wizard
For the following operating systems we offer a wizard guiding you through the configuration:
- Windows 8.1 or 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP, Service Pack 3
Using the Browser
You have the option to configure the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E directly in your browser with any operating system, thus also with Mac OS, Linux or Windows 2000.
Proceed as follows to connect to the repeater in just 4 steps:
- Connect the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater to an electrical outlet.
- Connect your computer with the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater using the LAN cable included with the package.
- Open your browser on your computer and enter fritz.repeater in the address field of the browser.
- The FRITZ!WLAN Repeater Wizard opens to guide you through the remaining configuration steps.
For the network cable connection (LAN) to the repeater
- in order to connect the Repeater with your wireless LAN access point manually, your computer must be equipped with a network port (LAN), over which an IP address is automatically assigned (DHCP).
- the SSID (network name) of the wireless LAN network (access point) to be extended must be set to "visible" (announced).