FRITZ!Repeater 1750E Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot establish a wireless connection after loading the factory settings
Either after loading the factory settings or in the default settings of the FRITZ!Repeater, smartphones, computers, or other network devices cannot establish a wireless connection (WiFi) to the wireless network "FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E" using the wireless key 00000000 (8 zeros).
- Some of the FRITZ!Repeaters in this series were mistakenly given unique network keys.
Using WPS to set up the wireless connection
If your wireless router supports the WPS method (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), push the button to set up the wireless connection. During setup, the FRITZ!Repeater automatically takes on the wireless router's wireless network name and network key:
Note:All current FRITZ!Box models support the WPS method.
- Connect the FRITZ!Repeater to the wireless router using WPS.
Setting up the wireless connection manually
If your router does not support the WPS method, set up the connection between the FRITZ!Repeater and your wireless router manually:
- Use a network cable to connect a computer to the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- The Configuration Wizard starts automatically.
- Follow the wizard’s instructions on setting up the wireless connection between the repeater and the wireless router.