FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1160 AC Service - Knowledge Base
Using the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater in a home network without a DHCP server
By default, the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater obtains its IP settings from the wireless router (for example FRITZ!Box) via DHCP. If you would like to use the repeater in a home network without a DHCP server, you must manually configure its IP settings.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
1 Preparing the device
Temporarily assign the following IP settings to the device you want to configure the repeater with:
- Enter 192.168.178.200 as the IP address in the device.
- Enter 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask in the device.
- Enter 192.168.178.2 as the standard gateway in the device.
- Enter 192.168.178.2 as the DNS server in the device.
2 Assigning static IP settings to FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
Connecting the repeater to the wireless router
- Connect the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater to the wireless router.
Important:When setting up the repeater, it assumes the wireless router's network name (SSID). When you have finished setting up the repeater, connect the network device to the wireless router's wireless network.
Configuring the IP address manually
- Click "Network" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Network Settings" in the "Network" menu.
- Enable the option "Configure the IP address manually".
- Enter the IP settings in the corresponding fields.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater uses static IP settings. Return the device you used to configure the repeater to its original IP settings.