FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1160 AC Service - Knowledge Base
User interface of FRITZ!WLAN Repeater cannot be opened
Since you configured your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater, you cannot open its user interface. The user interface is not displayed when you enter fritz.repeater in the address bar of your web browser (for example Chrome, Firefox).
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Opening the user interface with the full address
Some web browsers start a web search (for example Google Chrome using Google) if you enter an unknown or incomplete address. To avoid this, you must enter the complete address:
- Call up http://fritz.repeater in a web browser.
2 Allowing wireless devices to communicate
If you are using the repeater with a FRITZ!Box, you can only open the user interface if the FRITZ!Box is configured to allow wireless devices to communicate. The FRITZ!Box is configured to allow access to the repeater's user interface in the factory settings:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" or "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "The active wireless devices displayed below may communicate with each other".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Opening the user interface with the FRITZ!Box
If you are using the repeater with a FRITZ!Box, use the FRITZ!Box's Home Network Overview to open the user interface:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Important:If the menu "Home Network" is not available, then a very old version of FRITZ!OS (version 5.50 or earlier) is installed on the FRITZ!Box. In this case, it is not possible to use the FRITZ!Box to call up the user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" or "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click the link or the name of the repeater.
If the repeater is not displayed in the Home Network Overview of the FRITZ!Box, then the repeater is not correctly connected with the FRITZ!Box and you must repeat the setup for the repeater.
4 Opening the user interface with the the IP address
If you are using the repeater with a different router, then the router must support DHCP name resolution so that you can enter fritz.repeater to open the user interface. If the router does not support DHCP name resolution, use the IP address to open the user interface:
- Determine the repeater's IP address. You can find information on the procedure in the router's manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
- Enter the repeater's IP address (for example http://192.168.178.25) in the address bar of your web browser.
If you still cannot open the user interface of the repeater after following the steps given in this guide, then the repeater is not correctly connected with the router (for example FRITZ!Box) and you must repeat the setup for the repeater.