- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583 VDSL
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1160
Disabling the adoption of the settings from the Mesh
By default, all Mesh Repeaters in the home network adopt the settings of the Mesh Master (FRITZ!Box). However, you can also disable the adoption of settings on individual Mesh Repeaters and then customize their settings. This does not remove the Mesh Repeater from the Mesh and you can still use the user interface of the Mesh Master to install updates for the Mesh Repeater.
If you disable the adoption of the settings, the following restrictions apply:
- Changes to the Wi-Fi settings of the Mesh Master are no longer automatically adopted by the Mesh Repeater.
- Mesh Wi-Fi steering is no longer available for the Mesh Repeater.
- If the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and/or network key of the Mesh Repeater differs from the settings for the Mesh Master, devices in the home network can no longer use Wi-Fi roaming.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Repeater.
1 Disabling the adoption of settings in the FRITZ!Repeater
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Disable the option "Adopt settings enabled".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the Mesh Repeater no longer adopts changes to settings that are configured in the Mesh Master. Any settings that were previously adopted are retained and can be customized in the user interface of the Mesh Repeater.
AVM Section Navigation