FRITZ!Repeater connects to the FRITZ!Box with a maximum of 866 Mbit/s
Although the FRITZ!Box supports Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1733 Mbit/s (or 1300 Mbit/s), the throughput of the connection between it and the FRITZ!Repeater does not exceed 866 Mbit/s.
- The FRITZ!Box uses a channel between 36 and 64 for the 5 GHz Wi-Fi network. The maximum throughput of these channels is limited to 866 Mbit/s (2x2) and they are not supported by the FRITZ!Repeater's faster 5 GHz radio unit (1733 MBit/s 4x4).
To resolve the problem, simply proceed as described below.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Box.
2 Disabling the FRITZ!Box's MAC address filter
Disable the FRITZ!Box's MAC address filter until the FRITZ!Repeater connects to the FRITZ!Box using its faster 5 GHz radio unit. The MAC address filter is not enabled in the factory settings:
3 Adjusting the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi channel settings
Starting with FRITZ!OS 7.10, the FRITZ!Box independently selects a Wi-Fi channel greater than 64 as soon as a FRITZ!Repeater 3000 is connected to it if the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi channel settings are selected automatically.
- Click "Wi-Fi" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Wi-Fi Channel" ("Radio Channel") in the "Wi-Fi" ("Wireless") menu.
- Enable the option "Set Wi-Fi channel settings automatically (recommended)". If FRITZ!OS earlier than 7.10 is installed on the FRITZ!Box, enable the option "Adjust Wi-Fi channel settings" and select channel 100 or higher from the drop-down list "wireless channel in 5-GHz frequency band".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi network is restarted and the FRITZ!Repeater establishes the Wi-Fi connection using its faster 5 GHz radio unit (1733 MBit/s 4x4).
Important:The FRITZ!Box may be required to comply with the DFS wait time. It may therefore take up to 10 minutes for the repeater to reconnect to the 5 GHz Wi-Fi network of the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation