Manually connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via Wi-Fi
The FRITZ!Repeater can be integrated into the mesh of the FRITZ!Box quickly and easily at the touch of a button. If you do not want to integrate the repeater into the Mesh, you can also use the configuration wizard to set up the Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box manually.
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
1 Disabling the FRITZ!Box's MAC address filter
When the MAC address filter is enabled, the FRITZ!Repeater cannot connect to the FRITZ!Box. Therefore, make sure that the MAC address filter is disabled:
2 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Push and hold down the "Connect" button for 10-15 seconds.
- The "Connect" LED now indicates by alternately flashing and lighting up that the factory settings are being loaded and that the FRITZ!Repeater will be restarted. This process may take several minutes.
- The "Connect" LED flashes continuously for at least 1 minute as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
3 Connecting a wireless device with the FRITZ!Repeater
- Make note of the network key on the underside of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- For setup, position the FRITZ!Repeater near the FRITZ!Box.
- Wait about 1 minute until the FRITZ!Repeater has started and the "Connect" LED flashes.
- Search for Wi-Fi networks in the vicinity with a wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone).
- Select the Wi-Fi network "FRITZ!Repeater 3000".
- Enter the network key (password) you made note of.
4 Setting up the FRITZ!Repeater as a wireless bridge
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Select the desired language and country, and click "Next". The FRITZ!Repeater will then restart. The Wi-Fi connection is briefly interrupted.
- Set a password to access the user interface, then click "OK" and "Next".
- Enable the connection type "Wireless Bridge" and click "Next".
- From the list, select the Wi-Fi networks of your FRITZ!Box that you want to extend and click "Next".
- Select the encryption type and enter the FRITZ!Box's network key.
- Define how the frequency band for the connection between the FRITZ!Repeater and the FRITZ!Box should be selected and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
- The LED for connection quality on the FRITZ!Repeater remains lit as soon as setup is completed.
5 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To achieve the best possible range, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Position the FRITZ!Repeater so that the LED for connection quality glows green and not orange. You can find tips on positioning it in the guide Finding the ideal location for FRITZ!Repeater.
AVM Section Navigation