Connecting FRITZ!Repeater to a router from another manufacturer over LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your router via LAN to easily and efficiently add an additional wireless access point to your home network. This way you will even have ideal wireless reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network outside the wireless range (WiFi) of your router.
If you use the same wireless settings in the FRITZ!Repeater and the router, your wireless devices automatically connect with the wireless network with the strongest signal (wireless roaming).
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Repeater.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Push and hold down the "Connect" button for 10-15 seconds.
- The "Connect" LED now indicates by flashing and lighting up that the factory settings are being loaded and that the FRITZ!Repeater will be restarted. This process may take several minutes.
- The "Connect" LED flashes continuously for at least 1 minute as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
2 Connecting a wireless device with the FRITZ!Repeater
- Make note of the network key on the underside of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Plug the FRITZ!Repeater into an electrical outlet and wait about 1 minute until the FRITZ!Repeater has started and the "Connect" LED flashes.
- Use a wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone) to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
- Select the wireless network "FRITZ!Repeater 3000".
- Enter the network key (password) you made note of.
3 Configuring the FRITZ!Repeater as a LAN bridge
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Set a password to access the user interface, then click "OK" and "Next".
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the FRITZ!Repeater should use and click "Next".
- Enter the wireless settings for the FRITZ!Repeater and click "Next". If you enter your router's wireless network name and network key, your wireless devices automatically connect with the wireless network with the strongest signal.
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
4 Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater
- Use a network cable to connect the FRITZ!Repeater to a LAN port on the router. If you cannot directly connect the devices with a cable, you can also bridge the distance to the router with a powerline connection (for example with FRITZ!Powerline).
Now the FRITZ!Repeater is configured as a LAN bridge and is available as an additional wireless access point. The LED for connection quality indicates the quality of the wireless connection of the first device to establish a connection to the FRITZ!Repeater's wireless network.
AVM Section Navigation