Manually connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via Wi-Fi
The FRITZ!Repeater can be integrated into the mesh of the FRITZ!Box quickly and easily at the touch of a button. If you do not want to integrate the repeater into the Mesh, you can also use the configuration wizard to set up the Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box manually.
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
1 Disabling the FRITZ!Box's MAC address filter
When the MAC address filter is enabled, the FRITZ!Repeater cannot connect to the FRITZ!Box. Therefore, make sure that the MAC address filter is disabled:
2 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Push and hold down the "Connect" button for 10-15 seconds.
- The status LED now indicates by alternately flashing and lighting up that the factory settings are being loaded and that the FRITZ!Repeater will be restarted. This process may take several minutes.
- The status LED flashes continuously for at least 1 minute as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
3 Connecting a wireless device with the FRITZ!Repeater
- Make note of the network key on the back of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Repeater into a power outlet near the FRITZ!Box. Now the FRITZ!Repeater starts. During this time, the status LED flashes rapidly.
- Wait about 1 minute until the FRITZ!Repeater has started and the status LED flashes more slowly.
- Use a wireless device (for example a notebook, smartphone) to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
- Select the Wi-Fi network "FRITZ!Repeater [...]".
- Enter the network key (password) you made note of.
4 Setting up the FRITZ!Repeater as a wireless bridge
- Open the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Select the desired language and country, and click "Next". The FRITZ!Repeater will then restart. The Wi-Fi connection is briefly interrupted.
- Set a password to access the user interface, then click "OK" and "Next".
- Enable the connection type "Wireless Bridge" and click "Next".
- From the list, select the Wi-Fi networks of your FRITZ!Box that you want to extend and click "Next".
- Select the encryption type and enter the FRITZ!Box's network key.
- Define how the frequency band for the connection between the FRITZ!Repeater and the FRITZ!Box should be selected and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
- One or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit as soon as setup is completed.
5 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To optimally increase the range, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Position the FRITZ!Repeater so that at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up. You can find tips on positioning it in the guide Finding the ideal location for FRITZ!Repeater.
AVM Section Navigation