FRITZ!Repeater 2400 - Knowledge Base
Connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box via wireless LAN
You want to connect a FRITZ!Repeater to the FRITZ!Box via WiFi? ✓ Here we show you how easy it is.
Connect your FRITZ!Repeater to your FRITZ!Box via wireless LAN to easily and efficiently increase the wireless range (WiFi) of your home network. The FRITZ!Repeater adopts all of the wireless settings from the FRITZ!Box, such as wireless access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network. If you are using a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 7 or later, the FRITZ!Repeater is automatically integrated into the Mesh.
In this guide we show you how to easily connect your FRITZ!Repeater with your FRITZ!Box by pushing a button (WPS PBC - Push Button Configuration).
If you want to connect it manually, proceed as described in the guide Manually connecting the FRITZ!Repeater with the FRITZ!Box home network via wireless LAN. However, in this case the FRITZ!Repeater is not integrated into the Mesh.
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Repeater.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Push and hold down the "Connect" button for 10-15 seconds.
- The status LED now indicates by alternately flashing and lighting up that the factory settings are being loaded and that the FRITZ!Repeater will be restarted. This process may take several minutes.
- The status LED flashes continuously for at least 1 minute as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
2 Setting up the FRITZ!Repeater as a wireless bridge
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Repeater into a power outlet near the FRITZ!Box. Now the FRITZ!Repeater starts. During this time, the status LED flashes rapidly.
- Wait about 1 minute until the FRITZ!Repeater has started and the status LED flashes more slowly.
- Briefly push the "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second). The status LED starts to flash quickly after you release the button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the connect button on the FRITZ!Box until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up:
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 6890, 6660 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 5490 WLAN WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6490 WLAN WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7560 WLAN WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581 WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6820, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS WLAN
- The FRITZ!Repeater is fully integrated into the Mesh about 5 seconds after one or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit.
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To optimally increase the range, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Place the FRITZ!Repeater so that at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up.
Note:If you are using a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 7, you can use FRITZ!App WLAN to find the ideal place for the FRITZ!Repeater.