Unable to access the internet with router from another manufacturer
Although the FRITZ!Repeater is connected to the wireless router, computers, smartphones, or other devices connected to the FRITZ!Repeater cannot access the internet. However, devices connected to the wireless router can access the internet.
One of the following messages may be displayed in the "Network and Sharing Center" of the respective Windows computer:
- "Unidentified Network"
- "Access: Local only"
- "Access type: No internet access"
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Repeater.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Repeater
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Select "Wireless" from the drop-down list.
- Check whether error messages are displayed.
- If the wireless connection from the FRITZ!Repeater to the wireless router drops frequently, follow the instructions in our guide Wireless connection to FRITZ!Repeater drops frequently.
2 Enabling the wireless router's DHCP server
To ensure that all of the wireless devices connected to the wireless router automatically obtain the correct IP settings, make sure that the router's DHCP server is enabled:
- Enable the DHCP server in the user interface of the wireless router.
Note:Refer to the manufacturer of the wireless router for information on how to enable the DHCP server, for example consult the manual.
3 Configuring the device to automatically obtain IP settings
To ensure that the device always uses the correct IP settings, make sure that it automatically obtains its IP settings from the wireless router (this is the standard setting for most devices):
- Configure the device to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP.
4 Configuring the computer's firewall
A firewall can interfere with the communication between the computer and the wireless router:
- Configure the firewall so that it allows connections from the computer to the wireless router. Refer to the manufacturer of the firewall for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
AVM Section Navigation