FRITZ!Powerline 546E Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
Forgot password for accessing the FRITZ!Powerline user interface
The FRITZ!Powerline password offers you protection from unauthorized access to your FRITZ!Powerline adapter. If you forget this password, you can no longer access FRITZ!Powerline's settings or functions, and you cannot login to it.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Entering the FRITZ!Box password
If the latest FRITZ!OS is installed on FRITZ!Powerline, it takes on the password and, if applicable, the user name of the FRITZ!Box if you did not assign FRITZ!Powerline its own password. You can then open FRITZ!Powerline's user interface if you enter the corresponding FRITZ!Box password:
- Enter the password for the FRITZ!Box.
2 Sending an access link with push service mail
If you entered an e-mail address for the "forgot password" push service under "Push Service" in the "System" menu of FRITZ!Powerline, you can have FRITZ!Powerline send you an access link that you can then use to log into the FRITZ!Powerline user interface again:
- Open the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline.
- Click "Forgot your password?" under the password request.
Note:If the button "Send Push Service mail" is not visible, then this push service is not enabled.
- Click "Send Push Service Mail".
- Now an e-mail containing a link for setting a new password is sent to the e-mail address you entered for the "forgot password" push service.
- Call up your e-mail with the same device you used to request the access link and follow the instructions in the e-mail.
3 Loading the FRITZ!Powerline factory settings
If you did not enable the "push service" in FRITZ!Powerline or you cannot access the e-mail address you entered, you must load FRITZ!Powerline's factory settings.
Important:When you load the factory settings, all of the settings you made in FRITZ!Powerline are deleted.
- Load the FRITZ!Powerline's factory settings.
Note:Configure the "push service" so you will be able to recover your password, should you forget it.