FRITZ!Powerline 546E Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot switch the wireless network on or off by button
After updating FRITZ!OS, you can no longer press the button on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter to manually switch the wireless network (WiFi) and the powerline network on or off. The function is not enabled or disabled when you press the corresponding button.
- The option to switch them on or off by button was removed from FRITZ!OS 6.30. However, you can set up a schedule to turn the wireless function on or off automatically, or you can do so manually with the user interface.
1 Turning the wireless function on and off automatically
The schedule function allows you to automatically switch the wireless network (WiFi) on and off at certain times:
- Set up a wireless LAN schedule in FRITZ!Powerline.
2 Turning the wireless function on and off manually
You can use the user interface to switch the wireless network on and off manually:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable or disable the option "Wireless radio network enabled".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.