Powerline connection is not established
The powerline connection between FRITZ!Powerline adapters is not established and the "Powerline" LED does not remain lit.
To resolve the problem, simply proceed as described below.
1 Loading the factory settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
Incorrect settings in the FRITZ!Powerline adapter can prevent the powerline connection from being established. Therefore, load the factory settings of all of the FRITZ!Powerline adapters. If you are using a FRITZ!Powerline adapter with wireless support, wait about 1 minute after plugging it in until the "WLAN" LED remains lit.
- Push the corresponding button on the device:
Model Button Duration FRITZ!Powerline 500E / 520E "Reset" 2 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 510E / 530E "Security" 12 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 540E / 546E "WLAN/WPS" and "Powerline · Security" 10 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1000E / 1220E "Powerline · Security" 10-15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1240E "WLAN-WPS/Powerline · Security" 15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1260E "Connect" 15 seconds
- All of the LEDs flash once during this process. The "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
2 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline adapters with each other
3 Reducing interference in the home's power supply
Interference in the home's power supply can severely impair communication between powerline adapters. Try to minimize the interference or eliminate it completely:
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapter directly into a wall outlet; do not use it with a power strip or an extension cord.
- Avoid powerline connections on different phases, fuse boxes, and ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI).
- Do not use the FRITZ!Powerline adapter behind a surge protector.
- For testing purposes, switch off other devices or briefly unplug them in order to identify possible sources of interference and then minimize them.
Examples of possible sources of interference are switch mode power supplies, dimmers, halogen systems and energy-saving lamps, as well as electric motors when they are running (for example in refrigerators, food processors, dryers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, or drills).
- Make sure that cables carrying a VDSL signal are laid at least 10 cm away from electrical wiring and outlets.
- Test different wall outlets and reduce the distance between the FRITZ!Powerline adapters.
AVM Section Navigation