FRITZ!Powerline 540E Service - Knowledge Base
Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID) of FRITZ!Powerline
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter has a preset wireless network name (SSID). If you want to use a unique name for your wireless network, you can easily change the wireless network name.
We recommend using identical wireless network names in your home network. This makes it easier for wireless devices to switch between wireless networks (wireless roaming). If you are using the FRITZ!Powerline adapter in wireless bridge mode, we recommend changing the wireless network name of the wireless router (for example a FRITZ!Box) first because all wireless connections to the wireless router must be reconfigured after changing it and the FRITZ!Powerline adapter assumes the wireless network name of the wireless router.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
1 Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID)
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the user interface of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enter a unique name in the field "Name of the wireless radio network (SSID)".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up the wireless connection
- Set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Powerline adapter again.