FRITZ!Powerline 540E Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
Assigning a unique network name (SSID) to FRITZ!Powerline
When you configure FRITZ!Powerline as a wireless bridge, it automatically takes on the wireless router's wireless network name and network key for its wireless network. This makes it easier for wireless devices (for example notebooks, smartphones, tablets) to switch to the wireless network with the strongest signal (roaming).
If you want your wireless devices to specifically connect to FRITZ!Powerline, you must give FRITZ!Powerline a unique wireless network name because most wireless devices do not display different wireless networks (WiFi) with the same name separately.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for FRITZ!Powerline.
1 Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID)
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enter a name of your choice that does not contain special characters for the "Name of the wireless radio network (SSID)".
Important:Not all wireless devices support all special characters. Therefore, only use standard Latin letters (not letters such as ä, ë, ö, ü, á, é, í) and numbers in the wireless network name.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
2 Setting up the wireless connection
- Use your wireless device to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
Note:You can find instructions on establishing wireless connections in the manual, or consult the manufacturer of the operating system or wireless device.
- Select your FRITZ!Powerline adapter's wireless network and enter the network key if you are asked to do so.